Tryingonforsize

That's what this is all about! Come and try on clothes, accessories, shoes, make-up...plus I hope to throw in a few good food recipes, wine and home/kids stuff. Instead of just sharing with friends, I also plan to rope them in to 'tryonforsize' and share their finds as well...

Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Good Housekeeping to launch in South Africa

I attended the launch of Good Housekeeping magazine this morning. 


It's going to be the magazine which speaks to women 25+, who are (more) settled and happy to stay at home on a Friday night.  So I guess that should mean me?


I paged through the sample edition from the US (which is what our SA version will be based on) and it was pleasant enough.  I chuckled at one or two articles: 'Be a calmer Mom' and a reader page where she admits to less-than-perfect Mother behaviour. 

Let me admit that while I am considered settled and more than happy to be home on a Friday night - reading Elle or Marie Claire - edgy, out there and trendy does appeal to me more.  Perhaps it helps me escape and will keep me hip?

Buying Good Housekeeping is not going to make me feel that way.

It all comes down to content.  If they can keep the content modern, relevant and in touch with us modern 'settled' types - perhaps I will feel that it adds so much to my life I can't be without it.  Hopefully it won't become a generic, must-please-everyone middle aged read.  This remains to be seen.

Good Housekeeping launches in South Africa in October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment