Tryingonforsize

That's what this is all about! Come and try on clothes, accessories, shoes, make-up...plus I hope to throw in a few good food recipes, wine and home/kids stuff. Instead of just sharing with friends, I also plan to rope them in to 'tryonforsize' and share their finds as well...

Thursday, 30 June 2011

My Mr Price find of the week, some must-have items this winter and how to wear leggings...

I had to browse the accessories long and hard and tear their rails apart, but I found this really funky belt in an amazing red.










It will look fab around a crisp white shirt - which is my must-have item this winter.  I also managed to find the white shirt at Mr P - its tailored, extra long, and has slight embellisment on the front.   The extra length shirt is so important when wearing with leggings, which I've finally worked out how to wear!

The trick is the length of the top you wear over them.  It must sit and fit below your butt cheeks (any longer and it looks strange unless you're wearing an oversized jersey or dress) and any shorter and you don't look good from the front (anyone heard of camel toe?)  You can layer tops underneath if there's one you particularly want to show off - make sure the one underneath is the length I'm talking about.  Leggings do fit tightly, so they can make you feel self-conscious, but give them a chance and you'll be sold on their comfort and warmth!

And a last word - don't be afraid of bright colour leggings - I saw red leggings with a black and white outfit - it was fab.  If only I had taken a photo!  But I'm now on the look out for some for myself!

And if you need to see it in action check out:

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z35/fashionunder100/fu1002/?action=view&current=hild.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You've got a great eye for a good find! Layering is fab and can be so flattering (especially when one gets older)

    ReplyDelete